Thursday, December 6, 2007

Goodbye to 4GYZ422

No, not goodbye to my car - just my California license plates. I am now the proud owner of Oregon tags. Does this mean I'm an Oregonian or is it just my car? It sure does look official. Oh, by the way, did I tell you I'm moving to Bend, Oregon?

Some Oregon observations:
  • People make eye contact here. I keep thinking, "Why are you staring at me!?" and then I realize it's just general friendliness. Wow - what culture shock compared to LA.
  • The speed limit signs actually mean the speed you're supposed to go, not a jumping off point. Make sure not to go more than 5 miles over or prepare to brave the local police (this is, thankfully, not from personal experience - really).
  • The beauty is spectacular!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oregon plates look good on your car and you.
Love you,
Mom

Jamie Stavenger said...

YAY, Suzanne!!! Beautiful Bend is lucky to have such a wonderful new resident! I'll be calling you soon so we can get a certain ROAD TRIP nailed down! I'm looking forward to it already...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm.......friendly, smiling strangers? Sounds suspicious??! Definitely not anything us So. Cal species are accustomed to. Enjoy the moment; things might not be the same when your a little slow on the latte' steamin if you know what I mean!! But....keep the tip jar near the forward of the counter, just in case Oregonian generosity is amuck!

So getting comfortable enough to allow for a radical change in identity huh? Plates? Thats a HUGE commitment Miss Baker. Next thing you know, you'll be friendly with the neighbors, putting your name on the mailbox and getting a library card!! Happy New Year. Happy New Life! Jode'

Jamie Stavenger said...

Well, well...I'm ready to see some roadtrip pictures!

spom said...

Wow! Now they have to change the POPULATION sign in Bend,OR
+1!!! :)

Stacey

spom said...

Where's the 2008 news?