Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here we ALL are: Meredith, Tom, Charlie, me, my mom (Lynette), Canela, my dad (Dennis), Isabela, Rachelle, David and David. This is my family on Thanksgiving Day. I am so thankful for them. What a gift from God. I feel blessed beyond measure to have these amazing human beings in my life.

I felt prompted to share my thanks due to a conversation with a friend who shared one Thanksgiving memory in her past. Her father, uncle and grandfather had a huge falling out (punches thrown and everything) on Thanksgiving when she was eleven. There are many who share this type of story. The pain people carry from past hurts committed during this time of year makes me ponder my own attitude. I desire to be sensitive to those I encounter while driving, shopping, eating, or whatever else in order to share the love I have received.

May this Advent be a time of love anticipated, love discovered and love renewed.

"We love, because He first loved us." I John 4:19

1 comment:

The Yachats Kid said...

Suzanne: Welcome back... you belong here! :-) Have you noticed that "Mutts" the Comic Strip has been on "Quotes on Thanksgiving" all week. Profound... and Thanks for the First WebPosting of The Baker Family Players.
Love and prayers,
The Yachats Kid